Absolute Outdoors is an adventure company that operates with a deep-rooted environmental ethos. Our working protocols and staff ethos is linked to the very best ecological practices that we can find. Specialist staff are employed to ensure that customers have the chance to interact and appreciate Victoria’s unique and exciting outdoor venues. All our adventure activities including rock climbing, abseiling, surfing, sea kayaking, bush walking and mountain bike riding are based on the latest ecologically sustainable environmental principles.
A.O.A. commitment to the environment was recognised this year with an Award of Merit for Environmental Contribution and Sustainability at the Grampians Pyrenees Business Awards. As ‘environmental ambassadors’ for the regions we work in, you can be assured that your participation in outdoor activities assists local environmental projects.
A.O.A. 2005/06 environmental initiatives included:
- Providing a range of quality interpretation and education programs including being a major provider of activities for the Victorian Government’s summer ‘coastcare’ program
- Impact assessments on all the areas that we work in after the fires and for the new range of coastal activities.
- Promotion and supporting Halls Gap’s plans to become a plastic bag ‘free’ town.
Conservation initiatives and support for local conservation programs;
- In-kind and financial support for local environment groups including ‘Friend of the South West Walk’ community organisations
- Organising and promotion of local activities, such as track maintenance and rock climbing site clean up days. This year staff participated in coastal clean ups, river rubbish collections, Tree plant out days and park rehabilitation programs.
- The company also donated money to a range of environmental projects in a number of areas. We have donated physical, financial and in-kind assistance for rehabilitation of areas, weed eradication, improved access tracks, tree planting and feral animal trapping.
- After the Grampians Bush fires, staff have and still are donating time repairing tracks, doing site impact analysis, supporting fire effect studies, helping in field qualitative studies that are monitoring local rivers, caring and supporting wildlife recovery initiatives, and general Parks Victoria work.
Interested in being part of the environmental program? Please ring any of our staff to see how you or your organisation can be involved!